Communication is key to ensuring our whole school community is working together. We use ‘My Ed’ to share valuable information with you. It is instant and secure and can be accessed anytime anywhere. It is compatible with most smart phones so even the busiest parents/carers can access information including attendance, behaviour, timetables as well as news, key dates and our school website. It is also accessible on most tablets but the app is designed to work best on smart phones.
The app is available for most android and apple devices, but unfortunately not for Windows devices at this time. Our usual text messaging and emails will continue to be sent to parents/carers who do not have the app, but unfortunately you will not be able to view your child’s details online.
There are three main parts to the app:
Allows you to view information and keep up to date with what’s going on in school showing key information and with a direct link to our website.
The new app allows the sending and receiving of FREE messages to the absence team via your mobile device. Other messages from school will also be sent to the app, so it is important that you check for messages. If you need an urgent response, please continue to phone school.
Allows you to view key information about your child’s school activity including details about their attendance, timetable and behaviour incidents. This information is updated daily overnight. This part of the app will be available to the parent/carer who currently receives school texts.
Instructions for Download
Search for ‘My Ed’ in your App store. The app should work on most modern android and apple phones.
However it is not available on Windows devices, and if you wish to download the app to your ipad you must search in the iphone apps.
Once downloaded search for our school ‘Lytham St Annes High School’ or ‘FY8 4DG’
Add your details – if you are the contact that usually receives school emails/texts make sure the mobile number that receives texts is entered here. If your number is incorrect on our system you will need to contact us to update this before you can use the app to access your child’s details.
You will then receive a security code on the mobile number entered above and once input the app will become available.
It may take a day or two for the ‘My Students’ details to appear.
ParentPay is our online payment service. We accept card payments online for items such as dinner money, school trips and uniform using a secure website called ParentPay. ParentPay is our preferred method of making payments to school.
What are the benefits to parents and pupils?
• ParentPay is easy-to-use and will offer you the freedom to make online payments whenever and wherever you like, 24/7
• the technology used is of the highest internet security available ensuring that your money will reach school safely – offering you peace of mind
• payments can be made by credit/debit card or also through PayPoint
• full payment histories and statements are available to you securely online at anytime
• your children will not have to worry about losing money at school
• Parents can choose to be alerted when their balances are low via email and/or SMS text
What are the benefits to our school?
The more parents that use ParentPay, the greater the benefit is to our school. You can help us reduce workloads for all staff, creating more time to lend to educational support and the smooth running of the school. Using ParentPay also ensures that all financial transactions are safe and secure - helping us to remove costs associated with us having to manage cash securely on the school premises.
How to get started with ParentPay
We will shortly be sending you your account activation details, once you receive these:
• Visit www.parentpay.com
• Enter your Activation username and password in the Account Login section of the homepage. NB. These are for one-time use only, you will choose your own username and password for future access during the activation process
• Provide all the necessary information and choose your new username and password for your account - registering your email address will enable us to send you receipts and reminders
• Once activation is complete you can go to straight to Items for payment, select which item(s) you want to add to your basket and proceed to complete your payment
If you have any questions, please contact the school Finance Office.
As part of end of year routines, any debit or credit balances will be allocated to younger siblings in school.
ClassCharts allows parents to monitor and be notified of their child's achievements and negative behaviour within school.
Students and parents both have separate access codes for logging in, these will be provided/sent home. If you require any help hen speak to one of the admin staff in the main office.
Teachers will put any homework they give out on Satchel One (previously known as Show My Homework).
You can download the app or access it online, students and parents both have separate PINs for logging in. This will show you the task and the due date for tasks your child has been set. You will receive a pin, which allows you to log in and view your child’s homework.
Any teacher can give out PINs or you can email 'email@example.com'.